- A £250 non-refundable deposit will be require at the time of booking. This amount will be deducted from the final bill.
- Once the deposit is received a confirmation and an invoice will be sent to the hirer
- An insurance deposit will be required before the rental begins.
- All hire fees must be cleared 4 weeks before rental begins.
All cancellations must be submitted in writing. It is advised that cancellation insurance is taken out by hirer to cover against unavoidable cancellations. The booking deposit is not refundable. The following fees apply in the event of cancellation prior the hire.
- More than 6 weeks- loss of deposit
- 4 to 6 weeks prior – 30% of total hire charge
- up to 4 weeks prior- 100% of total hire charge
In the event of cancellation we may be able to transfer the hire agreement to another person nominated by you subject to receipt of correct documentation and insurance approval and subject to a £120 administration charge. Tartan Tourers reserve the right to refuse any such transfer. Any agreement of this nature should be agreed in writing and would be subject to these terms and conditions.
Every effort is made to insure that the reserved motorhome is available. However, if circumstances beyond our control prevent Tartan Tourers from honouring a reservation, Tartan Tourers will not be held responsible. All payments which have been made will be refunded in full. Tartan Tourers will have no obligation with regard to refunding any monies paid for bookings at campsites; events etc. Hirers are advised to take out suitable holiday insurance .
Collection and return
Collection of the motorhome must be made between 2pm and 5pm and returned between 9am and 11am on hire dates unless otherwise agreed.
Before the commencement of the hire, the hirer is advised to check the vehicle thoroughly before leaving the premises of Tartan Tourers.
Failure to return on time will result additional charges @ £50 per hour. There is no refund for early return. Hirer must be present at return handover.
- All Motorhomes are insured fully comprehensive for the named driver during the hire period only.
- Additional drivers may be added at extra cost.
- A refundable damage deposit of £750 is payable in advance of the rental.
- In the event of an insurance claim the full £750 will be taken to cover the vehicle excess.
- Any damage to the vehicle that is not covered by an insurance claim will be deducted from the deposit.
- Any damage must be reported to Tartan Tourers immediately by telephone and and accident form completed at the end of hire period.
- The insurance security deposit will be returned to the hirer within 1 week after the end of the hire period provided that the hirer returns the motorhome in the following condition:
- All accessories and equipment in same condition to start of rental.
- Returned at the date and time specified in the rental agreement, or sooner.
- Returned in the same condition as when it was hired.
- Personal possessions are not covered.
- Tartan Tourers shall not be able for the loss or damage or consequential loss to any property left, stored or transported by hirer or any other person in the motorhome.
- Hirers are advised to take out suitable holiday insurance .
- Must have have held a full drives licence for a minimum of 3 years
- Must be between the ages of 25 and 70 ( Older drivers may be accepted by insurers for an additional charge)
- Has not been convicted of any motoring offence or has a prosecution pending other than parking or one speeding offence.
- Has not been refused motor insurance at normal rates and terms or has not been declined insurance or had any insurance policy cancelled by an insurer.
- Has referred any medical condition requiring Driver and Vehicle Agency (DVLA) notification and autherisation has been granted by the DVLA.
- If you have been involved in an accident of traffic offence within the last 3 years we will need to inform our insurers so they can make the appropriate changes. (A slight increase of charges may be incurred).
- All drivers must be present at handover and produce photo drivers licence and 2 forms of proof of address ( utility bill, bank statement etc) this must match the address on the drivers licence and be less than 3 months old.
- A DVLA licence check will be required (https://www.gov.uk/check-driving-information) and check code passed on to Tartan Tourers.
- Only Named drivers that pass the checks will be eligible to drive.
- The named driver will be liable for all motoring offences, tolls, congestion charges and parking fines during the rental period.
Breakdown & Accidents
- In the event of a breakdown or accident a recovery and repair service is provided ( details provided at start of rental)
- The hirer is authorised to carry out repair or replacements up to the value of £50 and will be reimbursed on supply of a valid receipt.
- Any repair above £50 must be authorised by Tartan Tourers
- Should a breakdown or accident occur, Tartan Tourers will not be held responsible for any hotel, replacement vehicle or consequential losses or expenses
- Any Breakdown, malfunction or damaged caused by your negligence must be repaired at your own expense.
- Seatbelt must be worn by all passengers, this is the hirers responsibility.All incidents relating to tyres including punctures are the hirer’s responsibility.
- All incidents relating to tyres including punctures are the hirer’s responsibility.Any windscreen damage and theft of personal belongings is not covered by our insurance,
- Any windscreen damage and theft of personal belongings is not covered by our insurance,
- Hirers are advised to take out suitable holiday insurance .
Fuel Gas & Maintenance
- A full tank of fuel is supplied with the vehicle at the start of hire, the hirer is expected to return motorhome with a full tank of fuel
- A £25 surcharge plus the cost of fuel will be applied for any fuel shortage.
- The hirer will be liable if incorrect fuel type is used.
- The hirer will be responsible for the regular checking of oil and water levels, and the use of the correct type of fluids.
- Our vehicles are fitted with refillable gas bottles which can be refilled at any station supplying LPG, no extra charge is made for gas usage. (DO NOT EXCHANGE THIS GAS BOTTLE)
- The motorhome and its contents remain the property of Tartan Tourers at all times
- The hirer is expected to keep the vehicle securely locked at all times when it is unattended and refrain from any action or omission which might prejudice Tartan tourers right to the vehicle.
- Tartan Tourers reserve the right to retain in part or whole the refundable damage deposit if additional cleaning or repair is required due to smoking or pets or stains arising from misuse.
- A vehicle tracker is fitted for insurance purposes.
- Tartan Tourers will make a charge of £50 for the cleaning of un-emptied chemical toilets.
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO VARY RATES AND CONDITIONS AT ANY TIME. YOU WILL BE SUBJECT TO THE RATES AND CONDITIONS IN FORCE AT THE TIME THAT YOU SIGN THE BOOKING AGREEMENT, UNLESS ANY CHANGE IS REQUIRED BY LAW OR GOVERNMENT OR REGULATORY AUTHORITY (IN WHICH CASE IT WILL APPLY TO YOUR BOOKING). WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE HIRE TO ANY PERSON(S) FOR ANY REASON AND NOT HAND OVER THE VEHICLE IF WE FEEL THE HIRER IS NOT SUITABLE FOR ANY REASON WE DEEM REASONABLE. IN THE EVENT OF A VEHICLE BEING WITHDRAWN THE HIRE CHARGE IS NON-REFUNDABLE. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REPOSSESS THE VEHICLE AT ANY TIME DUE TO MISUSE, DAMAGE OR ACCIDENT OR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER WE DEEM REASONABLE. IF WE REPOSSESS THE VEHICLE FOR ANY REASON WE WILL CHARGE YOU FOR ANY COSTS INCURRED.